This episode begins with a big announcement! Ben has officially become a cat person, and is now Taking Cats Seriously. Vaden follows up with some news of his own, before diving into the main subject for today's episode - Popper's Three Worlds. Click the link and read the essay, it's worth it. If you don't, shame on you.
In this episode we discuss:
- The TCS parenting movement
- Chesto's tweet to Deutsch
- How Popper's Three Worlds differs from Deutsch's Things/Qualia/Abstractions classification
- Would prime numbers exist if humans didn't exist?
- What constitutes reality?
- The existence of non-physical entities and the reality of abstractions
Having a quick glance at the following wikipedia pages will help ground the conversation:
- Somewhere Vaden says English is a formal language. Nope definitely not - English is natural language, which is distinct from a formal language.
Send us your best guess for whether we're real or not at firstname.lastname@example.org.