We are joined by the great Sam Kuypers for a conversation on physics, philosophy, and free will.
Vaden spends most of the episode preparing for a huge debate on free-will, and Ben spends it worried about what alternate versions of himself are up to in parallel universes. Still, we manage to touch on a few topics:
- Realism and antirealist interpretations of quantum theory
- The advisory styles of Dennis Sciama and John Wheeler and the standardization of education
- Reconciling the Harris / Deutsch perspectives on Free Will
- Restorative and Rehabilitative justice
- A universe in which Ben spontaneously explodes into dust while speaking
- Sam's recent paper with David Deutsch
- From Micro to Macro, by Vlatko Vedral
- Hayek's Constitution of Liberty
Sam Kuypers is a DPhil student at the University of Oxford, where he researches foundational issues in quantum theory. He's also one of the founders of the Oxford Karl Popper Society, an Oxford-based student society created to facilitate discussions about science and philosophy.
Follow him on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/crit_rat.
Send us an email or explode into dust - your choice: email@example.com.