Some people think that advanced AI is going to kill everyone. Some people don't. Who to believe? Fortunately, Ben and Vaden are here to sort out the question once and for all. No need to think for yourselves after listening to this one, we've got you covered.
- How well does math fit reality? Is that surprising?
- Should artificial general intelligence (AGI) be considered "a person"?
- How could AI possibly "go rogue?"
- Can we know if current AI systems are being creative?
- Is misplaced AI fear hampering progress?
- The Unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics
- Prohibition on autonomous weapons letter
- Google employee conversation with chat bot
- Gary marcus on the Turing test
- Melanie Mitchell essay.
- Did MIRI give up? Their (half-sarcastic?) death with dignity strategy
- Kerry Vaughan on slowing down AGI development.
- Follow us on Twitter at @IncrementsPod, @BennyChugg, @VadenMasrani
- Check us out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_4wZzQyoW4s4ZuE4FY9DQQ
- Come join our discord server! DM us on twitter or send us an email to get a supersecret link
Which prompt would you send to GPT-3 in order to end the world? Tell us before you're turned into a paperclip over at firstname.lastname@example.org