Christofer Lövgren, host of the marvelous Do Explain podcast and the world's most famous Swede (second perhaps only to that Alfred fellow with the peace prize), joins us on the pod to teach us how podcasting is really done. And how to pronounce his last name. When we're not all sobbing, we touch on:
- Does Deutschian epistemology give us with Free Will?
- Should one identify as a critical rationalist?
- Does membership in a community, or identification with a label, affect our ability to give and receive criticism?
- How has reading Deutsch and Popper changed our lives?
- Can trauma get stored in the body?
- How often do we cry?
Check out Chris on twitter (@ReachChristofer) and Do Subscribe to Do Explain.
- The Beginning of Infinity by David Deutsch
- Behave by Robert Sapolsky
- Lecture on Depression by Sapolsky
- Do Explain episode with Chris and Matt Goldenberg on emotional processing
- Temple Grandin discussing the "black-hat" horse.
- Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Sir Peter Brian Medawar whom Richard Dawkins referred to as 'the wittiest of all scientific writers'.
Blow your nose, dry your eyes, and send us a tear-stained email at email@example.com.